Creamy, easy golden milk with dairy-free milk, ginger, turmeric, and coconut oil. Naturally sweetened, incredibly healthy, and so delicious. Ready in just 5 minutes!
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) light coconut milk (canned is best, but carton works too)
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (see notes for fresh*)
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) coconut oil
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Sweetener of choice (i.e. maple syrup, coconut sugar, or stevia to taste)
- To a small saucepan, add coconut milk, almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, coconut oil, black pepper, and sweetener of choice (I usually add 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup).
- Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch but not boiling - about 4 minutes - whisking frequently.
- Turn off heat and taste to adjust flavor. Add more sweetener to taste or more turmeric or ginger for intense spice + flavor.
- Serve immediately, dividing between two glasses and leaving the cinnamon stick behind. Best when fresh, though leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave until hot.
*If using fresh ginger, I suggest grating 1-2 Tbsp into the mixture and then using a fine mesh strainer when serving to strain out the ginger for creamy texture.
Leave a comment