A savory quinoa and vegetable salad with green curry tahini dressing! Just 10 ingredients, fresh, healthy, and SO satisfying!
- 1 cup (184 g) quinoa, well rinsed and drained
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups (420 ml) water
- 4 TBSP (60 g) green curry paste
- 3 TBSP (45 g) tahini
- 2 TBSP (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 TBSP (15 ml) maple syrup
- Pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- optional: 1 TBSP (15 ml) olive oil (if avoiding oil, sub water)
- Water to thin
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced (119 g)
- 3 organic radishes, thinly sliced (13 g)
- 1 cup (30 g) fresh chopped organic cilantro
- optional: 1/2 cup (87 g) pomegranate arils
- optional: 4 organic green onions, thinly sliced (60 g)
- optional: 2 TBSP (20 g) nut or seed of choice (e.g. organic hemp seeds or roasted cashews)
- optional: Fresh chopped organic cilantro
- Add quinoa to a small saucepan and toast over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, being careful not to burn. Then add salt, curry powder, and water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Set aside off heat, uncovered, to cool - at least 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare dressing by adding curry paste, tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and oil (optional) and whisk to combine. Then add water to thin until a pourable dressing is achieved.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, lemon for acidity, salt for saltiness, or curry paste for intense curry flavor.
- Add all ingredients (quinoa mostly cooled) to a mixing bowl and top with dressing. Then toss to combine and serve. Enjoy at room temperature or chill. Garnish with additional pomegranate, radish, green onion, or cilantro (optional).
- Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Dressing will keep for 5 days.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.