Dying Easter eggs is a fun tradition that has been enjoyed for generations. If you're looking to make your own dye this year instead of using a kit, our organic superfood powders will come in handy. Turmeric, beetroot and matcha tea powder can all be used to create a homemade dye that can turn your hardboiled eggs into breathtaking colors. This simple and affordable recipe will quickly become a household favorite.
- Large hard-boiled white eggs
- 4.5 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons FeelGood™ Turmeric Powder
- 2 tablespoons FeelGood™ Beetroot Powder
- 2 tablespoons FeelGood™ Matcha Tea Powder
- Create your setup! Take out three medium bowls and pour 1.5 cups of hot water into each bowl.
- Add one tablespoon white vinegar to every bowl. Then add turmeric powder to the first bowl, beetroot powder to the second bowl and matcha tea powder to the third bowl. Use whisk to make sure the powders all fully dissolve.
- Allow dye mixtures to cool down to room temperature. Then place one hard boiled egg in each bowl and let it sit for at least 20 minutes, or until its reached the desired shade.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the eggs from the bowls and place them on paper towels to dry. Repeat with remaining eggs.