These portobello steaks are juicy, meaty and packed with superfoods! Made with an Elderberry Glaze, this vegan meal provides antioxidants that can support a healthy immune system. * This simple recipe only takes 30 minutes to make and is perfect for Meatless Monday.
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, steams removed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon FeelGood Elderberry Powder
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together oil, wine, red pepper flakes, garlic and mustard.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the marinade on both sides of the mushrooms. Let them marinate for 10 minutes.
- While mushrooms are marinating, add cranberry juice, agave, balsamic, thyme, avocado oil, salt and pepper, and elderberry powder to a small sauce pan. Whisk together and bring to a simmer, cook for 15 minutes.
- Once mushrooms are done marinating, cook each mushroom over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on both sides. These also are great over a grill.
- Top cooked mushrooms with elderberry glaze. Serve over mixed greens.