Get in on the tie-dye trend with a DIY shirt made with organic turmeric powder. Curcumin, the principal curcuminoid of turmeric, gives the spice it's characteristic yellow color. This natural dye will allow you to design a bright, colorful shirt that is completely unique!
- Cotton white t-shirts
- 3 tablespoons FeelGood™ Turmeric
- Half gallon cold water
- Rubber bands
- Large cooking pot
- Add shirts to large cooking pot filled with cold water. Let soak for five minutes.
- Squeeze the water out and then tie with rubber bands. Set aside.
- Add turmeric to pot and bring to boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly. Add in the t-shirts.
- Let the t-shirts soak in turmeric water for two hours or until ideal color is achieved.
- Rinse the shirts in the sink until the water runs clear. Take off rubber bands and hang outside to dry.
- After they are dry place them in the dryer on high heat for a full cycle to set the dye.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.