Scones are a delicious addition to any brunch gathering. This simple recipe uses our organic banana powder for a boost of nutrients without the mess of overripe bananas.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons FeelGood™ Banana Powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Grate in butter and mix until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, add the heavy cream, vanilla extract and one egg. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture and blueberries to the dry mixture and mix together.
- Form into a ball, flatten into a disc, and cut into 8 wedges.
- Brush the tops with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar. Refrigerate for 15 minutes of lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 22-25 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before enjoying.
- You scones will keep well at room temperature for two days or in the refrigerator for five days.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.