It may not be the star of the show, but no Thanksgiving feast is complete without some cranberry sauce! It has that sweet and sour zest that blends perfectly with everything on your plate. This recipe is made with Beetroot Powder, which adds more vitamins, antioxidants and nitrates to your dish. It will also add a slightly earthy flavor you and your guests are sure to love! No more store bought cranberry sauce, this recipe will quickly become your new holiday tradition.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- Zest and juice from one orange
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Beetroot Powder
- Add water, sugar, zest and orange juice to a medium sized pot. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries, cinnamon and beetroot powder. Stir together, then turn down heat and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes, then transfer to a resealable container and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Pro-Tip: Make this cranberry sauce the day before Thanksgiving! Store in an airtight container and take out to serve during your feast.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.